Avaya at GITEX 2018
GITEX is one biggest tech events happening each year in Dubai. For GITEX 2017, Avaya Inc. partnered with GSLab to brainstorm on some of their ideas and bringing those ideas to life by converting them into mobile apps, and showcasing the apps in GITEX 2017. We were able to come up with 4 ideas and delivered 4 Android apps to Avaya in a very short span of time. Those 4 Android apps were showcased by Avaya (partnered with GSLab) in GITEX. Two out of those four apps (i.e. Uber for Fleet Management and Employee Tracker using Mobile App and Beacons) came out to be very successful as Avaya was able to get contracts from some clients and finally GSLab got to work on those projects as a partner of Avaya.
My Role & Contribution
- Worked as the lead Android developer to build all the apps in parallel and made sure the timely delivery of all the apps.
- Managed the Android team and coordinated with other teams to complete the apps within the timeline decided.
- Designed the architecture and the blueprint of the project structure for all the apps.
- Mentored junior members and provided KT on many Android libraries like RxJava and Dagger which they were not much familiar with.
- Updating the stakeholders in a timely manner about the progress of the development.
Tools & Technologies Used
- Java, Android SDK
- NFC Tags, Beacons, Android Beacon Library, Avaya Client SDK Suite
- Google Maps, Google Places, Firebase Realtime Database, FCM, Dagger, RxJava, Retrofit, Picasso
- JUnit, Mockito, Espresso
- BitBucket, Jira
Start DateMar 2017
End DateOct 2017
Work LocationPune, IN